We want to see your photos!
HCHC is committed to creating access to high quality integrated health care and promoting well-being for individuals, families and our communities.
For our 2019 Photo Contest, we’d like to know: What does community mean to you?
HCHC encourages submission of photos that represent your personal definition of community, and photos that incorporate themes of health and well-being in the community. The definitions of health and well-being are broad, and HCHC values creativity and a unique point of view on these topics.
Images will be judged on originality, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
To ensure functionality on our submission platform, please submit files no larger than 1000 x 1250 pixels and no more than 4 MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded a prize or an award of merit.
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, spotting for dust, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Entries may originate in any format—including but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints—so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG, .jpg, or .png format.
If possible, please embed the photographer name and caption information in the photo’s metadata.
Entrants will be asked to provide the following information in the contest entry process:
● Title of the photo
● Caption: Describe what we see and where it was taken.
● In a few words or sentences, how does this represent community?
● Was the image taken with a mobile device?
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to HCHC upon request. If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must be able to provide copies of those releases to HCHC upon request. Please use this link for a copy of release.
All images must be submitted through our photo submission website. The entry forms contain required fields for information about the photo, and contact information for the entrant, including an email address.
You can select an image directly from your computer or your mobile device’s photo library. Digital images that are sent via mail.
You may enter an unlimited number of photos, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission with more explanation about the photo or to provide a higher resolution version of the photo anytime during the contest period.
Judging will be conducted by a panel of members of HCHC staff and community members. Judging will be blind, i.e., the identity of the photographer will not be known at the time of judging.
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to community, health, and well being.
The Panel will evaluate all valid entries From this group of qualified images, awards will be given in the following categories:
One (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) Second Place winner, and one (1) Honorable Mention winner will be awarded.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
HCHC will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. HCHC reserves the right to require entrants to submit evidence of the subject’s legal consent to be photographed for the submitted photograph, which may include a signed waiver from the subject. NOTE: Waiver requirements vary by jurisdiction, and the entrant is responsible for obtaining a legally enforceable waiver from any photographed subject.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- Images depicting the discrimination against or oppression of any group of individuals will be disqualified.
- HCHC shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Photo Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Massachusetts All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts.
Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, including proof of age, and liability/publicity release within 10 calendar days. If a potential winner fails to return these documents on time, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place.
HCHC will award the following prizes.
All award winners will receive mention on HCHC’s digital presences.
All winning images will be displayed in either the halls or the waiting room of the John P. Musante Health Center.
One (1) Overall grand prize winner will receive:
- $50 Gift Card to The Harp
One (1) Second place winner will receive:
- $25 Gift Card to Pulse Café
One (1) Third place winner will receive:
- $25 Gift Card to Bueno Y Sano
Up to ten Awards of Merit will be displayed at the John P. Musante Health Center.
Winners will be announced on hchcweb.org by 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time on September 15, 2019.
To request a winners list by mail, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to Hilltown Community Health Center 58 Old North Road Worthington, MA 01098. Requests must be received by August 1, 2019.
To the maximum extent permissible by law, all winners are responsible for paying any taxes and any and all other costs and expenses associated with claiming the awards, including but not limited to customs fees, taxes, and any other administrative costs, if applicable. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Your photographs help HCHC’s vision of engaging our community. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit—including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to the Photo Contest, you grant HCHC and its related entities such as affiliates and subsidiaries a royalty-free, non-exclusive right in perpetuity to:
- Display the photograph on the Photo Contest submission website:
- Allow third parties to share the photograph on social media.
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in HCHC’s and its related entities’ internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fund raising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and membership services, and annual report. Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for use related to HCHC and its related entities in news stories, social media, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in HCHC photo library and accessible to HCHC and its related entities’ staff via HCHC’s internal online photo archive.
HCHC and its related entities will endeavor to credit all photographs with the credit “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Photo Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Photo Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Photo Contest; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Photo Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Photo Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Release and Limitations of Liability
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys’ fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Privacy and Publicity
The information you provide when you enter is provided to Sponsor. Except where prohibited, you consent to Sponsor’s use of your name in any list of winners (if applicable) and/or for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
Photo Contest Submission
Submission form for photo contestants
Don't forget to attach any and all Release Forms for participants pictured in the photo(s) using this Release Form.