If you need emergency assistance, dial 9-1-1. If you are in crisis, call your local crisis services team or call the Safe Passage hotline at 1-888-345-5282.
- Berkshire County: 1-800-252-0227
- Franklin County: or 1-800-562-0112
- Hampden County:
Westfield or Springfield 413-733-6661
- Hampshire County: or 1-800-322-0424
Hilltown Safety at Home provides a domestic violence victim advocate for those who have experienced domestic and/or sexual abuse. The advocate works confidentially with people on the phone or in person. If it’s safe for an advocate to come to your home, home visits are also available. The advocate can also help friends and family members who are trying to support a loved one in an abusive situation. All services are free.
Hilltown Safety at Home can help with:
- Safety planning
- Understanding abusive behavior
- Understanding the court system
- Transportation to court, if needed
- Accessing critical support services
If you believe a friend or family member is being abused, you can:
- Call an advocate for advice
- Assure the vicitim of your confidentiality and that you believe them
- Be supportive and non-judgmental
- Help them find resources
- Help with a safety plan
Whether they stay or leave, respect their decision and assure them you’ll be there for them.
To confidentially contact a Hilltown Safety at Home advocate, call 413-667-2203 ext.341.